Administration and Finance Officer
Founded in 2005, Journeys Within Our Community (JWOC) is a non-profit organization based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. JWOC’s mission is to partner with Cambodian youth to fulfill their potential in education, employment, and the development of their communities.
JWOC is looking for an Administration and Finance Officer to join our dynamic team. The position is based at our Siem Reap Community Center, the Administration and Finance Officer will be responsible for assisting JWOC’s Managing Director with accounting/finance, human resource management and administration.
Start date: As soon as possible
Schedule: Full-time (Sunday-Thursday, days off on Friday and Saturday)
Salary: Starting salary $350 – $400 based on experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Accounting and finance: managing petty cash and bank accounts, maintaining the QuickBooks accounting system, paying monthly taxes, and financial reports.
- Assist in human resources management: job announcement, explaining contracts, ensuring compliance with personnel policy and regulations, overseeing hours and leave, filing maintenance and payroll.
- Liaising with government departments to ensure compliance with labor laws, taxation, and other required licenses.
- Handling purchases: market research, managing suppliers, order, payment, accounting, and inventory.
- Maintenance of JWOC’s Community Center and grounds Supervise 3 support staff (cleaner and caretakers)
- Report all problems to the Managing Director with suggested solutions
- Translate documents or orally in meetings where needed Propose/organize team-building events
- Good spoken and written English
- Holding or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Experienced and competent user of QuickBooks
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and quick learning and strong leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate (with suppliers)
- Reliable and trustworthy
18 days of annual holiday leave, training budget, health Insurance, interest free Master’s degree-loan, supportive working environment, and the opportunity to grow professionally and more.
How to Apply
All applicants can submit your CV (2 pages only) & Cover letter in hard copy to JWOC office or through email: [email protected] or contact: 063 678 4000/081 49 00 39/ 012 454 774
Note: We will review your applications as soon as we receive them, so we encourage applying earlier. This position is opened to Cambodian nationals only and we do not employ any staff whose background is not aligned with our Child & Youth Protection Policy.
Deadline: 25nd April 2022
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.